TCF for access to French nationality (ANF) Authorised Exam Center
Please note: Our next TCF ANF session will take place in November 24th, 2020.
Please download the TCF ANF Registration Form to register.
For any request for information concerning the test, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the current pandemic context, we apply the following hygiene measures the day before and the day of the exam:
* Hydro-alcoholic gel available at the entrance to the premises; all candidates must disinfect the principal before signing the payroll and settling in the room scheduled for the test.
Wearing a mandatory mask.
All equipment is disinfected before each pass.
A social distance of 1.50m will be respected between each person.
No guide will be allowed on the premises for any reason.
Please note: TCF ANF 2-test certificates will no longer be accepted by the prefectures from August 1, 2020.
November 24, 2020
December 11, 2020
January 29, 2021
February 26, 2021
TCF for French nationality (ANF)
Since 1 January 2012, Stralang Institute is an Authorised Examination Centre for the TCF ANF examination. Applicants to the French citizenship will need to prove their mastery of oral French at a B1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL).
For whom? Applicants to the French nationality through marriage or naturalisation.
Offered since January 2012, the TCF for French nationality (TCF ANF) was specially designed to comply with the new regulations introduced by the French Ministry of the Interior (decree 2011-1265 of 11 October 2011) setting the oral B1 level (oral comprehension and expression examinations) as the required level of French for applicants to the French nationality.
As an exception, applicants who passed the TCF TP completed with an oral expression examination or the TCF for Quebec (with and oral expression and a comprehension examination) at a B1 level are exempt from taking the test.
DELF B1, B2, or DALF C1, C2 certificate holders are also exempt from taking the test, as well as holders of the general TCF certification, provide they have passed the optional speaking examination and validated at least a B1 level in both oral comprehension and expression.
What are the TCF ANF test conditions?
The “TCF for French nationality” comprises four compulsory examinations:
- Listening (29 questions)
Duration: 25 minutes
Test conditions: common examination room.
- Written comprehension (29 questions)
Duration: 45 minutes
Test conditions: common examination room.
- Written expression : (3 tâches)
Duration: 30 minutes Test conditions: common examination room.
- Oral expression (3 tasks)
Duration: 10-15 minutes.
Test conditions: an individual interview with an examiner. You will be informed of the date and location after the oral comprehension examination. The date and time will be decided within the week following the first examination, depending on the number of candidates and on the examiner’s availability.
When will I get my certificate and where can I collect it from?
Your results are sent to the test center within 20 days (excluding weekends and public holidays) after the paper tests are received by the CIEP. Your certificate is to be collected directly from the center where you took the “TCF for French nationality” examinations.
How long is my “TCF for French nationality” certification valid?
Your certification will be valid for two years.
For example, if you took the “TCF for French nationality” examinations on June 18, 2015, your certification would be valid until 17 June 2017. Past this date, your certification will no longer be valid.
Is there any way to be exempt from taking the “TCF for French nationality”?
You are exempt from taking the “TCF for French nationality” if you already hold:
- a diploma attesting a level of French superior or equal to the Vbis level (according to the nomenclature of diplomas), i.e. the French certificate of general education, the CAP or the BEP;
- the DELF B1, DELF B2 or DALF (C1 or C2);
- a valid general TCF certification completed with an oral expression test (subject to having obtained at least a B1 level in oral comprehension and expression);
- a valid general TCF for Quebec (subject to having obtained at least a B1 level in oral comprehension and expression).
Certificates issued by the Ofii are not accepted (certificates of exemption from language training, language skills and civic training).
However, you are exempt from producing a diploma or certificate if you are in one of the following situations:
- You are a refugee, are over 70 years old and have lived in France for at least 15 years
- You studied in French in a French-speaking country
- Your state of health does not allow you to assess your language level
How much is it?
The test costs €150, to be paid by bank transfer, check or cash to the Institute.
Please note: Your registration will be considered complete only after your payment has been received in due time.