TCF for access to French nationality (ANF) Authorised Exam Center
Please note: Our next session of TCF ANF will take place on 25 November 2021 (first part) and 25-26 November between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. (second part).
Please download the TCF ANF Registration Form to register. You need to complete and sign the Registration Form and send it by mail with your ID copy and registration fee 150 euros. Also, you can registre yourself at our institution.
For any further information, please send us an email at email@example.com
In the current pandemic context, we apply the following hygiene measures the day before and the day of the exam:
* Hydro-alcoholic gel available at the entrance to the premises; all candidates must disinfect the principal before signing the payroll and settling in the room scheduled for the test.
Wearing a mandatory mask.
All equipment is disinfected before each pass.
A social distance of 1.50m will be respected between each person.
No guide will be allowed on the premises for any reason.
- TCF ANF certificates for 2 tests will no longer be accepted by the Prefectures since 11 august 2020.
- The OFII certificate is no longer accepted.
Thursday November 25, 2021 at 10 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.
Friday December 17, 2021 at 14:30 p.m.
Friday January 28, 2022 at 10 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.
Friday February 25, 2022 at 10 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.
Friday March 25, 2022 at 10 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday April 26, 2022 at 10 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday May 24, 2022 at 10 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.
Thursday June 23, 2022 at 10 a.m.
Please note :
As soon as the number of candidatures reached its maximum for each dates, the registration are closed.
So it’s no longer possible to registre a closed registration. That’s the reason why we highly recommended to register as soon as the sessions are open.
TCF for French nationality (ANF)
Since 1st January 2012, the Stralang Institute has been one of the approved TCF testing centers for access to French nationality (ANF). Applicants with French nationality must provide proof of their French level B1 proficiency in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL).
Candidates for whom wish to acquire French nationality by marriage or naturalization.
Offered since Décembre 2019, the TCF for access to French nationality (TCF ANF) has been designed specifically to comply with the new provisions introduced by the French Ministry of the Interior (decree 2011-1265 of 11 October 2011) which establishes level B1 oral (comprehension and oral expression tests) as the required level in French for applicants with French nationality.
The French authorities recognize, as an exemption, the TCF certificates for all publics supplemented by an oral expression test and the TCF for Quebec (comprising at least the oral comprehension and oral expression tests) at level B1.
Holders of the DELF B1, B2 or DALF C1, C2 diplomas are also exempt from the test.
Holders of a general TCF certificate supplemented with the test of oral expression, validating a level B1 or higher in each of the two tests of oral comprehension and oral expression, are also exempt from passing the specific declension of TCF for access to French nationality.
What are the TCF ANF test conditions?
The «TCF for access to French nationality» includes four compulsory tests:
- Oral comprehension (29 questions) Duration of this test: 25 minutes. Exam procedure: collective examination room.
- Reading comprehension (29 questions) Duration of this test: 45 minutes. Exam procedure: collective examination room.
- Written expression (3 tasks) Duration of this test: 30 minutes. Exam Procedure: collective examination room.
- Oral expression (3 tasks) Duration of this test: 10-15 minutes. Exam procedure : an individual interview with an examiner that will take place after the presentation of the oral comprehension test. The date and time will be set during the following week after the first test according to the number of candidates and the examiner’s availability.
When will I get my certificate and where can I collect it from?
Your results are sent to the test center within 20 days (excluding weekends and public holidays) after the paper tests are received by the CIEP. Your certificate is to be collected directly from the center where you took the “TCF for French nationality” examinations.
How long is my “TCF for French nationality” certification valid?
Your certification will be valid for two years.
For example, if you took the “TCF for French nationality” examinations on June 18, 2015, your certification would be valid until 17 June 2017. Past this date, your certification will no longer be valid.
Is there any way to be exempt from taking the “TCF for French nationality”?
You are exempt from taking the “TCF for French nationality” if you already hold:
- a diploma attesting a level of French superior or equal to the Vbis level (according to the nomenclature of diplomas), i.e. the French certificate of general education, the CAP or the BEP;
- the DELF B1, DELF B2 or DALF (C1 or C2);
- a valid general TCF certification completed with an oral expression test (subject to having obtained at least a B1 level in oral comprehension and expression);
- a valid general TCF for Quebec (subject to having obtained at least a B1 level in oral comprehension and expression).
Certificates issued by the OFII are not accepted (certificates of exemption from language training, language skills, and civic training).
However, you are exempt from producing a diploma or certificate if you are in one of the following situations:
- You are a refugee, are over 70 years old, and have lived in France for at least 15 years
- You studied in French in a French-speaking country
- Your state of health does not allow you to assess your language level
How much is it?
The test costs €150, to be paid by bank transfer, check, or cash to the Institute.
Please note: Your registration will be considered complete only after your payment has been received in due time.