How many French speakers are there in the world? Where are they and what use do they make of the French language?
Where is the learning of the French language in Europe, Africa, America, Asia? In which countries is French a language of instruction? What future for the French language in Africa? What is meant by “economic Francophonie”? What place does French hold on the Internet?
• French is today the 5th most spoken language in the world with 274 million speakers.
• French is the second language learned as a foreign language after English.
• French is the 3rd business language in the world.
• French is the 4th internet language.
• 125 million learners of / in French worldwide.